Any student who is planning to study abroad usually considers the availability of a post-study work visa. A post-study work visa serves as a major attraction for international students. Considering the issue of post-study work visas, there has been an increase in the number of applications from international students. In recent times, each country has had a large hub of international students enrolled in different universities.
Benefits of a post-study work visa:
Post-study work visas offer various benefits to international students who wish to find employment in the country after their studies. Here are some of the benefits available to students:
- Working experience: One of the most significant advantages of post-study work visas is that they allow international students to gain valuable work experience during their studies. This can be especially useful for individuals who have just started their careers and need to create their resumes.
- Financial assistance: Post-study work visas permit international students to earn and sustain themselves financially while gaining work exposure. This can help ease some of the financial strain that students might encounter during their stay in the country.
- Extend their stay: Post-study work visas may also allow international students to extend their stay in the country after the completion of their studies. Those who wish to get more work experience can explore the country further.
- Increasing chances to get hired: having work experience in a foreign country is never outdated; people easily find jobs in their native country. International students who have completed a post-study work visa are often considered perfect since they have already gained valuable experience.
- Permanent Residency: Each country has a different set of rules and regulations relating to permanent residency and post-study work visas. Most of the time, a post-study work visa ends up giving a long-term benefit to the student by allowing them to stay in the country for an extended time.
An international student can enjoy many more benefits. These benefits might differ depending on the country and qualifications of an individual. Moreover, there are countries that even provide students with the opportunity to work as part-time employees.
List of countries offering post-study work visas:
There are many countries that offer post-study work visas to international students. However, the eligibility and length of stay offered by each country are different. You can check out more information country-wise below:
The Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) has a “Post-Study Work Stream” that allows international students to stay in Australia and work after they finish their studies. Even in the presence of a strong B2B study abroad market, students are updated on the latest trends regarding the post-study work visa. Every year, thousands of students take admissions in Australia to broaden their horizons and adapt to a new culture.
Length of stay: Usually, an individual can stay in Australia for between 2 and 4 years, which depends entirely on qualification. There is an extension for Hong Kong and British National Overseas Passport holders, as they are allowed to stay for 5 years.
Canada emerges as a top choice among international students. The warm and welcoming universities adds to the friendly and peaceful nature of the country. The Canadian government ensures that international students receive a high-quality education. Studying in Canada will help students develop their personalities. Even the strong B2B market in the country is helpful for timely admissions into the country.
Length of stay: The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) permits international students who have graduated from a post-secondary school in Canada to stay and work there for up to three years.
With numerous universities, polytechnics, and private training institutions, New Zealand’s education system is respected worldwide. The culture and lifestyle of New Zealand are unique, with a strong connection to the environment and the outdoors. International students are happily welcomed in the country, which makes the population diverse and multicultural. To be eligible, students must have an offer letter from the university and a student visa.
Length of stay: The student can stay in New Zealand after their graduation for up to 3 years, depending on the course they opt for.
The United Kingdom has a rich cultural heritage and a diverse population, providing international students with various opportunities to experience different ways of life. Every year, thousands of students come to the UK to complete their graduation, master’s, or doctorate degrees. The universities in the country are consistently ranked higher.
Length of stay: An individual going through the graduate route will stay for 2 years; if you have a PhD or doctoral degree, you are allowed to stay for 3 years.
United States of America:
The United States of America has been a popular choice for international students for many years. Usually, students visiting the US prefer to pursue STEM courses since the country provides the best STEM courses through leveraging technology. There are two types of gateway (optional practical training) for international students: pre-completion OPT and post-completion OPT.
Length of stay: An individual holding an F-1 visa is required to find a job within 90 days, and if you have completed your course and hold an M-1 vocational visa, you can stay in the country for 6 months.
The stunning beauty of Germany is an attractive reason for a healthy environment. From high-quality education to affordable housing, you will find everything in Germany. The country has a lot to offer an international student. Germany attracts thousands of international students, irrespective of their backgrounds.
Length of stay: International students have a stay-back option in the country for around 18 months after the completion of their graduation.
If you have a country in mind to apply to for higher education, then keep an eye out for post-study work visas. Each country is focusing on imparting high-quality education to students; this can be done by leveraging technology. In recent times, technology has become a leading factor in educational setups. To spread educational and post-study working trends among students, the B2B study abroad market is responsible.